In this new blog post, Howard Snyder offers us five ‘ecological insights into church planting. here they are, in short:
1. Church planting is organic, based on principles of life, growth, and reproduction.
2. Organic church planting thrives on diversity so is inherently more open to cross-cultural witness and intercultural community that are more programmatic models.
3. Ecology provides key insights for leadership and organization.
4. Organic church planting is earthy.
5. Organic church planting is eschatological: It aims toward a larger future.
‘Each of these points’ says Snyder, ‘ can be elaborated extensively through Scripture, but that must wait another day. We are left then with the master verse for ecological church planting: “Fear not, little flock, for the Father delights to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32).’
If you want to find out more about what Howard Snyder includes under those five rubrics, read HERE.