Carson Clark lists in this blog post 15 thinks that still drive him mad in church. I have the same feeling.
Here they are:
- Pragmatic anti-intellectualism.
- Unwavering binary schemas.
- Ahistorical restorationism.
- Preoccupation with sign gifts.
- Eschatological obsession.
- Militant fundamentalism.
- Extreme piety.
- Subdued sexism.
- Radical biblicism.
- The politicization of the Church.
- Utilitarian business model practices.
- Avoidance of church discipline.
- Trite self-help books and sermons.
- An utter lack of appreciation for compassion and lament.
- Emotional manipulation.
What do you think?