Courtney Martin is a columnist with On Being
Please take some settled quiet time one of these days, before the end of the year and try to respond these seven questions. It may do some good to you. They are serious ones, so, prepare for a rough ride. Here are the questions:
1. What was one of the moments I was most proud of this year? What does that tell me about what I want to spend my energy/time/money on next year?
2. Who really enriched my life this year in a big way? Who is someone I am wanting to get to know better in the year ahead?
3. It was a year of resistance for many people. What did I resist most effectively? What did I surrender to?
4. Who did I feel most jealous of this year? What is that person up to that I want to bring more of into my own life?
5. When was I most physically joyful in 2017? How can I get there more in 2018?
6. What is one question that you found yourself asking over and over again this year? What version of an answer are you living your way into?
7. What makes me despair and what gives me hope right now?
I dare you to try. Feel free to share your response here, as comments, if you wish. I will try to do the same.