May God rest him in peace with the saints!
It is my solemn duty to report to you that our brother and teacher, Dr. Kenneth Bailey, retired member of the presbytery, died last evening (May 23, 2016) in Grove City, surrounded by his immediate family and some close friends. There will be so much more to say in the coming days, in so many gatherings in our common life, about Ken’s legacy in our ministries. For now, let us hold in prayer wife Mickey, daughter Sarah, son-in-law Victor, and his extended family … even as we hold on to and hold up the good hope of the resurrection.
Details about arrangements to come later this week.
Rev. Dr. Ralph William Hawkins
Executive Presbyter/Stated Clerk
The Presbytery of Shenango
* * *
Here are some of his books:
- Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes (Downer’s Grove: InterVarsity Press, 2008)
- “Open Hearts in Bethlehem (A Christmas Musical)” (Louisville: W/JK, 2005)
- The Cross and the Prodigal [Revised edition] (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2005)
- Jacob and the Prodigal: How Jesus Retold Israel’s Story (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2003)
- Finding the Lost: Cultural Keys to Luke 15 (St. Louis: Concordia, 1992)
- Poet and Peasant and Through Peasant Eyes (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, l980)
- God Is … Dialogues on the Nature of God [Revised Edition] (Toronto: FFM, 2005)