For nine years now, the wonderful Maria Popova is sharing with us her Brain Pickings. I have received infiinite joy and wisdom from reading her pieces and sometimes digging further into the ‘wells’ she takes us to. Tis is truly life-changing for me. Thanks a lot, Maria.
Here are nine life-learnings that Maria is sharing with us after these years of intellectual and spiritual delight.
- Allow yourself the uncomfortable luxury of changing your mind.
- Do nothing for prestige or status or money or approval alone.
- Be generous.
- Build pockets of stillness into your life.
- When people tell you who they are, Maya Angelou famously advised, believe them. Just as importantly, however, when people try to tell you who you are, don’t believe them.
- Presence is far more intricate and rewarding an art than productivity.
- “Expect anything worthwhile to take a long time.”
- Seek out what magnifies your spirit.
- Don’t be afraid to be an idealist.
Read HERE what she means by these nine things. Enjoy!