A mini-manual of basic hermeneutics (thanks to my friend Carson Clark for this link).
Here are the nine things:
1. Read ‘King’ When You See ‘Christ.’
2. Read ‘You’ Differently.
3. If You See a ‘Therefore,’ Find Out What It’s There For.
4. Realize That Not All ‘If’ Statements Are The Same.
5. Recognize That Lamenting is OK.
6. Realize That Prophecy is More Often FORTH-Telling Than FORE-Telling.
7. Become Familiar with the Idioms of Your King.
8. Remember What You Learned in English Class.
9. Read to Study. But Also, Read to Refresh Your Heart.
Read HERE what the authors means by these suggestions.