Every Saturday, Scot McKnight share with us on his blog his virtual meanderings. One of the items he has shared with us in today’s Weakly Meanderings is David Atkinson’s text Why Do Christians Disagree? A very good question, indeed.
Here are, in summary, his answers:
1. Because they look to different sources of authority
2. Because they draw on different guiding metaphors for God
3. Because they look to different social and cultural sources for morality
4. Because there are different ways of being religious
5. Because of a different approach to basic philosophy
Read HERE David Atkinson’s reasons.
Dr David Atkinson is a former Bishop of Thetford.
You may find other blog posts of Dr Atkinson on the Fulcrum. Renewing the Evangelical Centre website.