PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the Faith and Development Project Coordinator is to support Lebanon and BiH National Offices and staff working to implement the Peacebuilding and Interfaith dialogue program and coordinate the Peacebuilding & Interfaith Cooperation capacity building regional Project.
The purpose of the position is to support National Offices and staff working in a multi-faith context in MEER and to enable the development and implementation of ministry strategies appropriate to achieving Child Well Being aspirations.
Implement contextualized regional Inter-faith strategy for MEER
- Facilitate and develop new ideas/proposals by ensuring sector alignment with program guidelines/procedures and child focused principles.
- Support Faith and development NO coordinators in strategy/project designs through coordination, writing, and alignment with programmatic guidelines.
- Closely work with Faith and development NO coordinators to facilitate the models of communication and interaction, information sharing and sharing of best practices.
Coordinate the Peacebuilding & Interfaith Cooperation capacity building regional Project
- Coordinate the activities off the Peacebuilding & Interfaith Cooperation capacity building regional Project as planned in the project Design.
- Facilitate the process of capacity building process for Faith and Development NO coordinators, in technical areas, be this formal, non formal and on the job training.
- Lead Faith and Development NO coordinators in developing plans for partners’ capacity building in respective sectors.
- Lead the process of updating the Faith and Development NO coordinators on new development related to sector area, in international and national level.
Support implementation of the ‘Peacebuilding and interfaith dialogue” program in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Lebanon
- Support sharing of learning on the field of interfaith between two countries and with other countries in the regio
- Support the implementation of the respective projects in BiH and Lebanon.
Support the development and implementation of context sensitive Spiritual Nurture of Children (SNC) and strategies for WV entities in multi-faith contexts
- Support NO development and implementation of a context sensitive Spiritual Nurture of Children (SNC) policy
- Support NO development and implementation of contextualized Spiritual Nurture of Children (SNC) strategies
Nurture and support the Spiritual Nurture of staff (both Christian and staff of other faiths) to increase their competence in supporting holistic ministry in multi-faith contexts
- Support spiritual Nurture of staff and sharing of learning among countries and from other regions as well.
- Support the increased NO competence in holistic ministry in multi-faith contexts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Personal Commitment to our Lord and Saviour Christ
- Creative and able to come up, embrace and coordinate innovative thinking, network and partnership building and problem solving skills;
- Good analytical and writing skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team.
- Effective in written and oral communication; able to speak and write with a high standard of English.
- Able to work multifunctional tasks in the pressure of time and the of the changing organisation procedures.
- Computer literacy; Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- At least three years experience in an interfaith cooperation and in the development work, with a good knowledge in administrative skills and project implementation.
- Interfaith dialogue and cooperation vision and ability to work respectfully with various faith traditions
- A basic understanding of Islam and Christianity and willingness to work in Islamic contexts
- Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and able to travel often in the field (50% of the time).
- This role involves facilitation and coordination of a virtual / geographically dispersed team in Lebanon, Bosnia and Herzegovina and other countries
*LOCATION FOR THE POSITION DEPENDS ON HOME OF SELECTED CANDIDATE. ONLY CANDIDATES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST/EASTERN EUROPEAN REGION WILL BE CONSIDERED- NO RELOCATION BUDGET*
FOR QUESTIONS ONLY CONTACT WORLD VISION HERE
Downloadable Version (Must Have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view)