Roger Olson argues in a recent article published by ABP that the capital punishment is sub Christian and straight, I cannot agree with him more.
Here are his seven arguments:
1. it ends a person’s opportunity to exonerate himself or herself.
2. it ends a person’s opportunity to accept Christ and live a God-honoring life in prison ministering to other inmates and guards.
3. it usurps God’s place and assumes a God-like right and power to take the life of a person created in God’s image and likeness.
4. it has no social benefit. It only serves a blood thirst for vengeance.
5. no modern, Western country still has capital punishment.
6. capital punishment is barbaric and cruel — if not to the person being executed (and who can know for sure?), to his or her family.
7. innocent people are executed.
Read HERE the whole article.
What do you think? The Great Week is a good time to look again at this issue in light of our Lord’s unjust death.