Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Boston organises on 13-15 October 2009 the conference entitled Renewing the Evangelical Mission, in honour of Dr. David F. Wells, former Andrew Mutch Distinguished Professor of Historical and Systematic Theology and current Distinguished Senior Research Professor at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Among the main speakers at this conference will be Os Guinness, J.I. Packer, Kevin Vanhoozer, Michael Horton, Miroslav Volf and Cornelius Plantinga.
Participants will explore questions like:
- What is the evangelical mission at the beginning of the third millennium?
- How do global realities impact the historic mission of evangelical theology?
- What sense can be made of the unity of evangelical theology in light of its many diverse voices?
- How can/should evangelicals relate to the Great Tradition and also speak in the vernacular of global culture?
- What are the theological challenges and opportunities moving forward for American evangelicals?
More details about this important event, HERE.